3 Museums Bathurst venues have reopened with appropriate social distancing and other entry conditions in place. Click here for details.
Dinosaurs And Living Things
Early Stage 1 – Stage 1
How do we know dinosaurs ever existed? What do we know about how dinosaurs lived and what lived alongside them?
Sitting in the shadow of the T. rex, students will see real dinosaur eggs, dinosaur skeletons and fossils as well as learn about the planet we live on, in a program designed for Early Stage 1 to Stage 1 students.
|PLAN YOUR VISIT
AUSTRALIAN FOSSIL AND MINERAL MUSEUM
K-12 EDUCATION PROGRAMS
EDUCATOR GUIDED SESSION
COST $7 per student (GST FREE)
DURATION 90 minutes
Minimum 10 students Maximum 100 students
TEACHER LED SESSION
COST $5 per student (GST FREE)
DURATION 60 minutes
Maximum 200 students
9am – 4.30pm 6 weekdays. Not available on Wednesday
Last session starts at 2.30pm
The supervision ratio is 1:10 for stage 1-3. Teachers and parents attend free of charge at these ratios. 1:15 stage 4-6
One carer per student with special needs will be admitted free of charge.
Quality fossil and mineral specimens and educational toys
Access ramps – access to the museum is via the car park.
Parking – Please note there is no coach parking or drop of outside the museum. Please contact the museum for details.
224 Howick Street Bathurst
T: 02 6331 5511
- ST1-8ES ‘Describe some of the observable changes that occur in the landscape’
- ST1-9ES ‘identifies ways that people use science in their everyday lives to care for the environment and Earth’s resources’
Living World (Fossils Evidence)
- ST1-10LW ‘describes external features, changes in and growth of livings things’
- ST1-11LW ‘describes ways in which different places in the environment provide for the needs of living things’
- ST1-16P ‘describe a range of manufactured products in the local environment and how their different purposes influence their design’
Information for Teachers